Monday, 25 July 2011

BIG THANKYOUS :-D

A couple of thankyous to give out today.

Firstly to Dan from The command tent . I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was looking to get into dark ages stuff. and he wrote that he was looking to do Vikings etc in 28mm due to the range of bods being better and he had some 1/72nd scale vikings he was therefore doing nothing with and would I want them...I sadi yep but only if it wasn´t going to cause him too much trouble and this is what he sent!!!
Many thanks mate...I´ll see what I can come up with as a suprise back :-D

Next is Wolfgang Meyer from the Croeburn 1813 project  I´ve offered my help, not with the dio bau but with something else concerning the Project and he asked for my adress so he could send me a "couple" of photos...a couple mind you....he sent this little lot!!;
The pic doesn´t do the pile justice but there are 3 CD´s and hundreds of pics like these;
it doesn´t come much closer to a protrayal of reality than this!!
I can only recommend going to the Projects site and having a look...you´ll be amazed at the talent and time that has gone into this diorama!!

Today I got my 300th follower...Mike from Mikes Wargames blog, a good old mix of bods and periods.

Thanks to all of you who follow this hotch potch of modelling ramblings..:-D.
Cheers
Paul

15 comments:

  1. 300 followers and going strong! Well done that man, but it doesn't surprise me as a blog, such as yours, with new posts and ideas appearing with such regularity is definitely one to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, your blogs a cracker n all...;-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, well deserved my friend, the world is full of damn good bloggers, share the good with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate...I can hardly hold a candle to your follower list, how many is it now...?? ;-D You were one of my first followers and one of my most regular visitors :-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 300 Paul. I always enjoy reading your blog. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 300! You put the work in and deserve it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 300 followers mate - Huzzah! Goes to show just how strong Styro-on-the-Fome can be :-)

    And wonderful to see such generosity in our little cmmunity

    ReplyDelete
  8. 300 followers! Nice! :) You have a great blog and if can help you with some reference from the land of the Vikings, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your 300, its only to be expected with a blog as great as yours!! (bit mushy, I know!!)
    Its fantastic what typing a few words on your blog can do, free gifts from someone you don't really know and great new friendships!!! Well done to all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got 300 followers cause you got great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 300 followers you have a very well deserving blog.

    Thanks for the link and mention Paul Im glad you got the package. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the figs (no pressure) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The 300 followers are well deserved.The Burgundians, the Raspuntzel tower... Come on, you even have many fans in France since you joined their forum... No really, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't there a movie about 300 once?

    Hey, that's interesting to see, there's the Emhar box.

    I have a set of the green Vikings and gray Saxons too, but mine are the same bods in an Imex box.

    I look forward to seeing what you do with them. For me they are in the queue but behind others.

    Those Croebern pics look unbelievably real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on hitting 300 Paul. Thanks for the shout out on www.britmodeller.com on the Bolshevik aircraft thread. If someone needs any info or pointed in the right direction for profiles have them email me. I am always glad to help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks chaps, much appreciated !!:-D
    MW...refrence for vikings etc?..I might well take you up on that...soon :-D
    Dan...it´ll be a suprise ;-D
    Will...whenever I get the chance, or I think of it at the time, I link up other modellers blogs...It´s fun and I like the idea of giving a "present" of some hits and recognition to others work.
    Sebasto,,,they are a really friendly lot...and they appear more often on the web than one thinks :-D
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete