Thursday, 20 August 2026

New Model Army Pt12 - Guns!

The artillery..or better said, the ranged weapons, artillery and archers, have been supplied by sir Bodfrey. Sir Bodard supplied all the Men-at-Arms so it seems only fair.

The bod on the left is from the Redbox Hussite artillery set, his head from the Italeri French Knights and Foot Soldiers set. The gunner is from Zvezda as is the box. The gun is resin and from Miniart. 

The torsos for the crew are all from the Airfix Robinhood set. The Bombard...no idea what make. Its made from a "hard cheese" type of brown plastic. The cannon balls are from a water filter which I broke apart to see what was inside 😊

8 comments:

  1. These chaps look like they can get the party started with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never have enough artillery... I would never have the idea to look for cannonballs in a water filter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GUNS!! Big guns..the more the merrier :-)
      The water filter had a disk with the flower of life symbol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlapping_circles_grid#Modern_usage) which my wife wanted to keep..so I prised the filter apart..which had three layers, all with a disk with the flower symbol and different sized ceramic or clay balls. Also I wanted to know what was inside a water filter :-)

      Delete
  3. Excellent work and by the way my local hobby store actually has Robin Hood and Romans sets in under the Airfix vintage badge, would you believe it! At least the moulds are still going or the masters have allowed new mouldings. I didn’t know miniart did resin casts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They´ve released the Robin hood etc sets or?
      I may be wrong ( i probably am) but not the miniart featured on PSR but a small german firm. They made loads of odd scene pieces for the middle ages..I recently saw some of thier stuff for sale but I can´t remember where...I´ll find out :-)

      Delete
  4. In the end , a water filter can serve to do fire ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting Paul and I especially love all of your conversions and re-using of bits and pieces! It's great to collect 'good stuff' for later modelling uses.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Over the last couple of inactive years I´ve thrown out a load of stuff...possibly not such a good idea :-/

      Delete