Friday, 27 March 2015

18th century coach (MarkII)

The first one was the test Piece, what materials work, what´s possible and to get a feel for building such a thing and It turned out better than I thought but improvements can be made, so why not try a  Mark II.

Again, this  carriage will end up in Bodstonia.

This time no balsawood, just Card,  a bit of insulating foam (the seat) and some Florist wire.
The the nags are from the Strelets Norman Train set, the wheels from the bits box.
The towing bar in this pic was later changed.

Again, a seated coachman will have to be found (or created ) at some Point.
Anyway, it´s taken it´s place in Bodstonia.. in Symphonie´s day out  :-D

12 comments:

  1. You would think this was a bought kit, great work

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought that this was a kit! Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cooler than the first and that one was cool! It almost looks sinister

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really impressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. A coach fit for a king (perhaps travelling incognito).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can't believe you made that from card!! Very well done my good man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a talented and patient man, that's an awesome piece of work. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic Paul. It has given me some great ideas for a carriage that I want to make myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks James. They are easier to make than I thought. I´ve wanted a couple of carriages for Bodstonia for a while now but never got the nerve to try. The one Thing I made a mistake with with the first was the size of the cab, I´ve found out that if the cab is roughly the height of the figure and the width is about 1/2 to 2/3rds the length of the cab then it Looks porportional.

    ReplyDelete