Friday 27 March 2015

18th century coach (MarkII)

The first one was the test Piece, what materials work, what´s possible and to get a feel for building such a thing and It turned out better than I thought but improvements can be made, so why not try a  Mark II.

Again, this  carriage will end up in Bodstonia.

This time no balsawood, just Card,  a bit of insulating foam (the seat) and some Florist wire.
The the nags are from the Strelets Norman Train set, the wheels from the bits box.

Again, a seated coachman will have to be found (or created ) at some Point.
Anyway, it´s taken it´s place in Bodstonia.. in Symphonie´s day out  :-D

12 comments:

  1. You would think this was a bought kit, great work

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought that this was a kit! Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cooler than the first and that one was cool! It almost looks sinister

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really impressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. A coach fit for a king (perhaps travelling incognito).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can't believe you made that from card!! Very well done my good man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work. Looks so real. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a talented and patient man, that's an awesome piece of work. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Paul. It has given me some great ideas for a carriage that I want to make myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks James. They are easier to make than I thought. I´ve wanted a couple of carriages for Bodstonia for a while now but never got the nerve to try. The one Thing I made a mistake with with the first was the size of the cab, I´ve found out that if the cab is roughly the height of the figure and the width is about 1/2 to 2/3rds the length of the cab then it Looks porportional.

    ReplyDelete