Tuesday 10 January 2017

Airfix ACW Wargaming (Pt 5) - Artillery

Slowly it´s coming together. The Artillery finished....well, sort of.  I´ve got a couple more guns and Crews  so if I get some more limbers I´ll add some more to both batteries...3 per side Sounds like a good number.
The Gun Teams.
Bases for the Guns, 5cm´s per side. The individual bods, 12.5mm x 10mm
The nag for the commander for the Union Team is from the Airfix Foreign Legion set (1st issue) 
The Limbers.
One of the CSA Limbers has had a bod from the Airfix Wagon Train set  added.
EDIT....I´ve got an idea to "recruit" some other gunners from the Airfix range so I might as well add at least one more gun per side, irrespective of wether I can obtain more limbers.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Great work, I am just in the process of fixing my very old figures up. Also trying to finish an unmade pack of Cavalry - (thosw damn bases !)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second glue, I use Pattex gel, is the solution for glueing most of the nags to thier bases. A drop on each peg hole, then put the pegs in...if the nag Needs supporting I put paint pots (or whatever) on both sides until the glue has dried. Then, to make sure, I drip some more glue around and onto the hooves.
      The ones that won´t attach with pattex get metal Pins welded to thier legs..a bit more involved but it works. I did an "article" on it here;
      http://paulsbods.blogspot.de/2010/12/pining-for-basing.html

      Delete
  2. Excellent! They are a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality! The Wagon-train lot standing around the fire make excellent - if rather laid-back - gunners! Especially the one with hippy-hair and a mug of coffee...."Why don't you knock it off with them negative gun-blasts? Why don't you dig how beautiful my coffee is?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The airfix mag from (er?) 1967 (?)suggests using them (the adult males) as Medical staff. Wether I´ll go that far, adding Medics, pioneers, signals, balloon Corps etc, I don´t know at the moment...theyéd be fun conversions though :-)

      Delete
    2. The guy with his hand forward could be a field surgeon [poking around in someone's entrails "just let me hear the bridge blow doc"

      H

      Delete
    3. Captain Clinton and the Branston (Burnsides) Bridge

      Delete
  4. Very nice Paul...great inspiration...so now I'm off to create my own Turkish/Egyptian Limber teams...tally ho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !! You´re back!?
      They would do well as Turkish/Egyptian limbers...Head swops or replace the riders like you did with the Colonial RHA Gun Team & Limber. Mind you..didn´t they also have 6 horses like the RHA ?

      Delete
  5. Very impressive, great job!

    ReplyDelete