Thursday 19 December 2019

More mixed Kniggits

This lot came more or less painted but I´ve  repainted bits and pieces and based them.
A mix of C-o-A´s, some based on reality, some, as far as my Research has led me,  made up.
The ones with a base in reality.
The three black bars on yellow? Used by quite a few places and People. The town arms of Inchy-en-Artois, Puygouzon, Beutal or the Family arms of Corbel Corbeau de Vaulserre or Kielmansegg among others but the Dates aren´t certain and some appear  after  the medieval period  or later.

The black Lion on Yellow. One of the Counts of Flanders..in this case a son due to the cadency mark, I´ll go for Robert III  Count of Flanders as he was of Fighting age during the life of his Father Guy of Dampiere . Orginally he was Holding a lance but I swopped his arm.
I found one or two Patterns which could fit the C-o-A of the bod in the middle, ie; John Lovel, whose C-o-A appears in the Falkirk Roll.  Barry wavy, or and gules but his has eight "waves", not six as shown and starts with yellow at the top, not red. 
The one on the left of the pic is Valdemar (resin) The other 2 are metal and unknown make(s)


9 comments:

  1. it's beautiful, Puygouson is a town right next to my home 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puygouson you say? I have to check on a map, maybe it's near the place I spent my holidays this summer... Hum, hello Paul, nice to see your knights, once again! I was going to ask "I think these are Valdemar figures", but yes, the label on your post gave me the answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I just checked, I spent my holidays near Saint-Antonin-noble-val, 40 km far from Puygouson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good Paul, they just make me smile looking at them, bringing back fond memories of my Timpo knights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The metal appear to be old McEwen Miniatures. They come open handed so you can put any weapon in you want, right?

    Mine came with swords and I had to fashion my own heater shield.

    The knights can still be had here....
    tin-soldie.corm/knights.html
    Full fantasy range...
    http://tin-soldier.com/mmlanding.html

    The range had a lot of size variation so some of the figures were outsized compared to others. However, most/all of the knights are 1/72 scale-ish.

    Great looking paint jobs!

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. The Thing is, I got them as part of a Job lot from someone who lives in danemark. I wouldn´t have thought McEwen minis got that far. Thanks for the Suggestion. They do have open Hands but Looking at the links they aren´t the same.

      Delete
    2. Found them. Tumbling Dice!!Why the TD Website doesn´t have pics of their stuff I don´t know.

      Delete
  6. Lovely colors and heraldy Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work Paul. Really love how bright and colourful they are. Well done those patterns.

    ReplyDelete