Thursday 23 April 2020

Norman Light Slingers - Tumbling Dice

Set  NF12. 8 Bods in 4 poses. As my basic rule is to try and paint only one of any pose unless I can convert somehow (head swop, weapon change etc)
I´ve painted the 4 poses in a uniformed look. They are Normans after all but obviously they could be used as soldiery for other armies of the period and with a less uniformed paint job.
The other 4 repeat poses? I might convert to early medievals but first a few more dark age bods need painting.
Comparison pic with a Strelets Norman Archer

9 comments:

  1. Nice brushwork! The TD figures look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting painted TD figures, now one can see what they look like !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ll be posting a lot more in the next few weeks. The problem with TD is there are no pics on the site and that put me off buying them for a long time. I have made him the offer of using my pics for free on his site..it´s up to him if he does or not

      Delete
  3. Great looking Normans! But they could be Irish, Welsh, Saxon, etc. Pretty versatile troops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work as usual ...
    The comparison picture is very interesting because it shows that Strelets and TD fit perfectly.
    Did you notice that the arrow of the archer is not on the good side of the bow ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:-)
      The arrow not on the good side of the stave? It´s positioned correctly for the european style, ie; on the left of the stave, the other side is the eastern style.

      Delete
  5. Same side I shoot on, as well as my father.....and everyone else I have ever known that hunts archery.

    ReplyDelete