Again, all scratchbuilt, mast an old Paintbrush, anchor chain from old jewellry chain, Tiller a toothpick, deck hatch flyscreen material etc etc.
It was going to be the Basis for the Ship mill but it didn´t look right, too oval shaped but the hull was already finished so why waste it, and my Daughter insisted on it being finished so we can take it to the local Pond and float it.
I saw a way of shaping sails over at Vol´s Blog A miniatures Hobbyroom on his post Scratch Built 1/1200 Third Rate 80 Gun Ship of the Line ,look at the link, you´ll be amazed how small and beautifull the finished ship is.
Vol´s sails turned out looking lovely so I thought I´d give it a go.
Stupidly, I used material, a Piece of old Cotton sheet. Even after the PVA had dried it didn´t hold it´s shape which meant I had to Hand sew a length of thin wire into the bottom to create the curved effect.
Still, I know know why it went wrong...The relative size. Vol used Card and his sails are tiny..so next time I´ll use the same method to shape them but the materials I used fo the Pirate Cutter, a Sandwich of paper between two layers of micromesh net curtain.
The "Tomplot Blenny", on the local Pond.