..and, Thanks to Mark
I´ve finally been able to add two more limbers to the Project so every gun has it´s own limber.
Along with the stuff that Mark
sent there were a couple of broken limbers, the towing bars were broken off (plastic rot) but seeing as I already had a couple of broken ones without wheels it gave me the chance of adding a couple of cassions to the Project.
I don´t really Need to add cassions but maybe at some Point I can add rules for re-supplying the guns.
An Airfix mag article (PDF´s of which were Kindly sent to me by Charles
) Shows how to make the cassions and seeing as the articles are from the late 60´s they definately Count as "old School"
In the article it suggests using Balsa Wood to make them but it was quicker to use the spare ammo boxes and trim down the bases
A Piece of Card added at the back and a cut down toothpick to hold the spare wheel. The axle was replaced (one side broke off...plastic rot) with a toothpick. Although I could have, I didn´t add footboards.
I decided not to add nags. There was only the possibility, without a lot more work adding a scratch made trail, to add two so I clipped the trail down and added a loop
At the Moment the cassions are seperate but if at some Point ( I won´t stress if I don´t find any) I get hold of two more limbers I´ll base them together as a permanent set up.