Wednesday 16 September 2020

War of the Roses - Armoured Longbowmen

Set WR6 Armoured Longbowmen.
8 bods in the set, one of them is a repeat pose and I broke my rule* of not painting repeat poses unless the bod has had at least some small conversion  like a weapon or head swop, and painted him.

Painted in the colours of John Bourchier - 2nd Lord Benners.
Close ups
Repeat pose on the left


*Not really a hard and fast rule more something to keep in mind so that I don´t end up with dozens of replicas.

PS. In the future I won´t be linking to and I will be altering or deleting any links to Wikipedia.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work, always best to never have fixed rules, except for contracts.... whats that... shut up BJ...get back in your box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever you do justice to those TD figures - I'll bet your blog has secured them more custom. Did you ever do any of the ECW or Crimean TD figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. I´ve offered him the use of my pics for free, no takes so unless anyone looks here they won´t know what´s in each pack. The ECW etc. Nope. I wouldn´t mind having a go at some of his Goths as they might be usefull alongside dark age but seeing as there no pics, I won´t take the risk. Same goes for the ECW/Crimean. but they are Not really periods I´m interested in. The ACW Zouaves could be fun but what do they look like!!?

      Delete
  3. That is a pretty good rule and makes your collection all the more impressive for it. Just had a look at your previous post, superb collection and only 9 figures short of 5000 foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. The 5000 mark is broken a couple od days ago. The russian bods weren´t included in the final tally.

      Delete
    2. PS. The rule doesn´t apply to nags. It would be impossible to mount as many as I have without using repeat poses.

      Delete
  4. Excellent brushwork. Yellow & green always look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poses, wonderful job with great colors...Well done Paul!

    ReplyDelete